12 September 2011

2 poems by Justin Marks

VI

A pill the first thing
every morning Behind the eyes
where the view is broadcast
water towers and cranes
Sunlight Winter
It’s dead outside but alive
in here Concepts and forms Intros
and endings Memory
is merely a mock-up A creepy
little doll At age 32
I had my first wet dream My inner
strength is my money A mild
discomfort Something making me sad
but I don’t know what




VII

Toothpicks from a dead man’s
estate A baby
crying through a bull-horn
I project myself into the future
as a slogan on a sandwich
board Tennis at 3 Homemade
sex tapes I’m so happy
I could puke I’m typing so hard
it feels like maybe I chipped
some bones in my fingers
At night some wine and a Xanax
Bursts and inconsistency
A messaging system that transfers
the self composing the words


(taken from the chapbook On Happier Lawns; Poor Claudia 2011)

1 comment:

  1. "I'm typing so hard / it feels like maybe I chipped / some bones in my fingers"

    ReplyDelete